PCS stands for Provincial Civil Service. It is a term related to Academic & Science or Exams & Tests, Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
|Provincial Civil Service
|Exams & Tests
What is full form of PCS?
The full form of PCS is the Provincial Civil Service.
PCS is generally a state level civil service within Group A and Group B of the government executive of the
Pradesh government. It is a state civil service, which is a multi-level examination to select its employees. This is run by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC). The PCS notification is announced as a connected / higher-slave state study.
Academic qualifications for PCS:
- PCS applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.
- The minimum age for applicants is 21 and the maximum is 40.
- Qualification for the PCS exam also requires physical / fitness measurements in certain positions as applicants must undergo certain medical tests following an interview. The positions that require these physical measurement exams are: Assistant Forest Conservator, Range Forest Officer, Dy. Police Superintendent, Prison Superintendent, District Home Guard Commander, Excise Inspector.
- There is an age limit for this exam. The age limit varies by caste.
- For the PCS exam, there is also a relaxation of the age limit in line with government instructions.
- But the age limit is from 21 to 40 years old. And relaxation in accordance with government regulations.
- in the case of a physically disabled candidate, there is a 15-year reduction in the age limit.
- SC / ST / OBC / Qualified Players / State Government. – Employees 5 years of relaxation.
- Group “B” fast is 5 years of relaxation.
- For the ex-soldier, there is also relaxation according to government regulations.
What is the difference between IAS and PCS?
- Examination was carried out
IAS is Indian Administrative Services. Examination conducted by the European Public Service Commission.
State-run PCS exam. This examination by the State Government Public Service Commission (SPSC), like the Uttar Pradesh government, was conducted by the UPSC.
- Authorization to conduct the examination:
Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) set up by a central government exercise to select IAS.
State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) established by the central government at the specific request of the state government concerned.
- Stage exam:
There, the examination is carried out in the introductory, preliminary and interview phases.
Most of the question is conceptual. And the emphasis of the exam on concept questions.
The PCS exam is also conducted in three phases, but importance and weight are attached to the substantive part, not the conceptual part.
- Test performed:
Compulsory Placement Test (CSAT) tests a candidate’s reasoning skills.
This examination consists of one examination in the regional language.
IAS officers appointed by the President. But they work under the state government.
PCS officer appointed by the state governor and works within the state.
- Transfer and termination:
The President only has the right to terminate the IAS Officer.
And they can be moved all over the country.
IAS officers serve in various positions in the Central Government.
PCS officers can be relocated to anywhere or any department outside the state.
And the state government has all rights to transfer and terminate.
Positions offered after PCS / Provincial Civil Service:
In 2017, UPPSC announced 251 vacancies when it published an exam notice. Later, the number of 251 was increased to 677 posts later. You can check vacancies for your convenience given below.
Here you learn the full name and complete information of Provincial Civil Service, if you have questions and answers related to PCS, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of PCS in this article.
Related Full Forms List
What is the full form of PCS (i) PCS: Provincial Civil Service PCS (Provincial Civil Service) is a civil service at the state level. Its employees work under state government and are not transferable to other states.
“It is a personal wireless communication service that enables terminal and personal mobility. This is the same as the cellular or paging service. The PCS can perform both voice communication and data transmission. pc. What is the full form of PCS in the Indian government, no category? Expand the full name of the PCS. What does PCS mean? Is that an acronym or an abbreviation?
“It is a personal wireless communication service that enables terminal and personal mobility. This is the same as the cellular or paging service. The PCS can perform both voice communication and data transmission. pc. What is the full form of PCS in the Indian government, no category?
Eligibility for the PCS exam also includes physical / fitness measurements for certain positions. Applicants must undergo a medical examination following an interview to be considered eligible. Physical measurements for the following stations for UPPSC PCS 2021 are given below: