IIS stands for Indian Information Service. It is a term related to Computing, Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
|Indian Information Service
Full Form of IIS
The full form of IIS is the Indian Information Service.
The Indian Information Service is a civil service under Group A and Group B of the Central Civil Services of the executive branch of the Government of India. Indian Information Service officers are the media managers of the Government of India.
They act as an important communication link between the government and the people through dissemination of information and taking various government policies and schemes to the public at large; and to collect and provide valuable feedback to the government for policy making.
Here you learn the full name and complete information of Indian Information Service, if you have questions and answers related to IIS, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of IIS in this article.
Indian Information Service (IIS) Requirement
The officers of IIS Group-A are selected through two modes-
- Direct recruitment through the prestigious Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to the various civil services of the Government of India including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS). among others.
- And also through promotion from Senior Grade Officers of IIS Group-B to IIS Group-A.
Indian Information Service (IIS) Career Progress
After successful completion of two years of probation, an IIS officer is posted in a media unit depending on the vacancy and requirement. During the various roles in his career, in the directorate hierarchy, an IIS officer progresses through the following positions in ascending order of seniority-
- Assistant Director (JTS – Junior Time Scale)
- Deputy Director (STS – Senior Time Scale)
- Joint Director (JAG – Junior Administrative Grade) Level level to Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
- Director (JAG – Junior Administrative Grade)
- Additional Director General (SAG – Senior Administrative Grade) level of Joint Secretary to the Government of India
- Director General (SG – Selection Grade)
- Principal Director General (HAG – Higher Administrative Grade)