Full Form of GNM
The full form of GNM is the General Nursing & Midwifery.
|General Nursing & Midwifery
What is GNM
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is an undergraduate nursing (UG) course that prepares students to develop an aptitude for nursing and to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to provide comprehensive nursing care to patients of all types of illnesses.GNM emphasizes teaching nursing students the importance of community, community health care, and midwifery.
GNM course Details & Eligibility
Course Details :
- The GNM course, comprehensively General Nursing and Midwifery, is a 3.5-year clinical nursing course.
- Admission to GNM is through entrance exams conducted by various state departments across India.
- GNM fees range from INR 20,000 to INR 1,00,000 depending on the university.
- Basic, Post Basic, and Distant GNM are the most common types of GNM being pursued in India.
- The best GNM entrance exams in India include WBGNM, Kerala GNM, Maharashtra GNM, etc.
- GNM’s main jobs in India include pharmaceutical industry, technical industry, research laboratories, etc.
- Students who wish to excel at GNM can opt for courses such as Master of Nursing and Doctorate of Nursing to improve their skills and salaries.
- After GNM, students have the possibility to enter the labor sector or pursue a master’s or doctorate.
- On average GNM salary ranges from INR 2-4 lakhs per year.
- Students must have completed Class 12 in any course, although Science and Biology subjects are preferred.
- In addition, candidates must have achieved at least 50% marks on the class 12 exam. Some of the major medical schools that offer GNM courses require a 60% mark.
- They must also have obtained the minimum number of points required in the result of the GNM entrance exam.
Related Full Forms List
|ANM Full Form – Auxiliary Nurse Midwives
|NEET Full Form – National Entrance cum Eligibility Test
|CMSE Full Form – Combined Medical Services Examination
|RMA Full Form – Return Merchandise Authorization
|HIV Full Form – Human Immunodeficiency Virus
If you have questions and answers related to GNM, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of GNM in this article.
What is better ANM or GNM?
what is GNM Salary
Can I do GNM after 12th in arts?
Find Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.