CDMA stands for Code-division multiple access. It is a Technology related term, Here you learn the full name and complete information of Code-division multiple access.
|Code-division multiple access
Find Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
Full Form of CDMA
The full form of CDMA is the Code-division multiple access. Code-division multiple access is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies.
Code-Division Multiple Access
CDMA is an example of multiple access, where multiple transmitters can send information simultaneously over the same communication channel. This allows multiple users to share a band of frequencies.
Uses of CDMA
- Synchronous CDM (code-division ‘multiplexing’, an early generation of CDMA) was implemented in the Global Positioning System (GPS). This happens beforehand and is different from its use in mobile phones.
- Qualcomm standard IS-95, marketed as cdmaOne.
- The Qualcomm standard IS-2000, known as CDMA2000, is used by many mobile phone companies, including Globalstar Networks.
- UMTS3G mobile phone standard, which uses W-CDMA.
- CDMA has been used in the Omnitrax satellite system for transportation logistics.
- The similar terms FDMA stands for Frequency Division Multiple Access. TDMA stands for Time Division Multiple Access.