BDO stands for Block Development Officer. It is a term related to Job Title, Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
|Block Development Officer
Full Form of BDO
The full form of BDO is the Block Development Officer. BDO stands for Block Development Officer. He is the office in charge for the development and activities of a block. The BDO supervises the implementation of all the programs related to the planning and development of the blocks.
He has the power to examine documents and sign agreements on behalf of the Panchayat Samiti with the prior permission of the concerned authority. He has the right to assess the financial position of the Panchayats in respect of recovery of loans, maintenance of accounts etc.
Here you learn the full name and complete information of Block Development Officer, if you have questions and answers related to BDO, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of BDO in this article.
Other functions of the BDO
- To store and distribute agricultural supplies
- To attend the meetings of Gram Sabha and Panchayat Samiti
- To participate in work programs and campaigns
- Distribution of funds from Panchayat Samiti Fund
- To remove irregularities related to Panchayat Samiti funds
- To ensure that the construction projects undertaken by the Panchayat adhere to the guidelines and are completed within the stipulated time.
- Prepares the annual budget and shares it with the Panchayat Samiti and also prepares progress reports and shares them with the Panchayat Samiti as well as the Zilla Parishad and the State Government.
- Issue of notices of meetings of Panchayat Samiti and Standing Committees as Secretary
- Also performs emergency work during floods, fires or epidemics in its jurisdiction
How to become a Block Development Officer
This post comes under the state government. Administrative Services Examination is conducted by the State Public Service Commission for the recruitment of BDO. After clearing this written test, candidates have to appear for personal interview.
Conditions or Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have a graduation or graduation degree from a recognized university, institute or board. He can be from any stream like Arts, Commerce and Science
- The age limit is 21 to 35 years. However, relaxation is provided for candidates belonging to reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC, etc.